Welcome to the Holo Reality Lab!
The Holo Reality Lab is located at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. We are a multidisciplinary research group whose efforts focus on innovating within the areas required to achieve accurate and realistic 3D video communications, including:
- High-speed, high-resolution 3D measurement and imaging
- 3D geometry, 3D video encoding and compression
- 3D computer vision, 3D image processing
- Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems
- Human computer interaction
- Multimedia on mobile devices
Our research innovations in high-quality, low-bandwidth 3D video communications are helping to transform how we communicate with one another every day. They also have the potential to realize many additional applications, such as those within telepresence, telemedicine, the digital arts, homeland security, and remote surgery. Interested in learning more? If you are an undergraduate or graduate student interested in possibly joining us, please contact Prof. Tyler Bell via email (tyler-bell@uiowa) or via the site's contact page.